Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Kwilkersen

Freezer Paper Stenciling

Has anyone tried freezer paper stenciling? Any tips for getting the freezer paper off the mat without tearing it after you cut? Mine keeps tearing every time I try to take it off the mat :( 

Kwilkersen, I haven't tried using freezer paper, but if you are using a Cricut machine I would try the blue mat which is not as sticky. Also when you are ready fto take the freezer paper off turn the mat upside down and slowly peel the mat away from the paper. Looking forward to seeing your finished project.

On 1/24/2018 at 1:34 PM, StephieCrafts said:

I haven't tried it yet but I am dying to try this with the bleaching method! I've seen some really cool looks with it!

What is the bleaching method?

Hi @Kimberly! The bleaching method is when you place a stencil on whatever you're working on (shirt, tote, etc..) and spray it with bleach so that it leaves behind a faded/bleached out design once you remove the stencil. It works really great with a vinyl stencil. We haven't tried it with the freezer paper yet but we will give it a try and let you know how it works! 

Here is a good DIY tutorial on how to do it: https://www.practicallyfunctional.com/diy-bleach-spray-shirt/

• Like 1